Wednesday 18 November 2009

Little Miss Wedding - stylish wedding ideas and inspirations for UK brides

Every bride wants her wedding to be unique, but sometimes it seems rather hard to find inspiration, as most of the blogs seem to address only the US market.


Today, we are happy to present an interview with Emmie from Little Miss Wedding, a blog presenting unique wedding ideas and suppliers especially selected for British brides.


Ladies, enjoy and do not forget to visit Little Miss Wedding.


1. Littlemisswedding.co.uk is rather unique on the British wedding market. What determined you to write a blog presenting ideas to make the wedding day special?

I organised my wedding last December myself and found that little of any interest on the internet to help me. I decided that there was a niche in the market for a UK focused site that listed/ reviewed good value, reliable suppliers that can offer something a little bit 'unique and boutique'. I wanted to set up a site that gave readers ideas, tips, advice and a directory of reputable suppliers. LMW is about showing couples how to have fun whilst planning their wedding, encouraging couples to involve family and friends, helping couples to find those one off suppliers (that are out there but are sometimes difficult to find) and offering ideas and inspiration so that people getting married can have the wedding that they really want without it having to cost the earth.


2. Is this a hobby or a full time job?

At the moment it’s a hobby. My full time job is in online/ digital media - my experience in online marketing and media is what made me decide to set up an online site focused on weddings.


3. For inspiration, I like following the posts on Style me pretty, JL Designs and also the design boards from Helen Carter. Are there any blogs/websites that you like in particular?

I like Style me Pretty too (I think everyone does), Green Wedding shoes is a good one (which my hubbie found for me). I like to focus on the UK market so I follow UK brides that are getting married and blogging about their preparations, such as http://ourdaybydesign.blogspot.com/ (infact Gaynor the bride to be is going to start guest blogging on LMW soon). I also like to follow photographers blogs as I love looking at all their wedding pics and getting inspiration from there.


4. Looking back at your posts, is there a decorative idea that you loved so much you would like to incorporate in your wedding day?

I am still to post about a lot of the little decorative ideas that I had at my own wedding, but I do love the night sky lanterns that I have posted about on LMW. Had I had a wedding in the summer in the countryside I would have let these off into the night sky in the evening - so romantic. Unfortunately this wasn't really an option in central london. I also love the table decorations and vintage milk bottles used for table names that I featured in one of my posts (taken from Planet Mithi's blog) - she is really creative and her blog is a fantastic source of inspiration.


5. This year we’ve seen many vintage inspired weddings and a growing tendency to being environmentally friendly. What trends do you see for next year?

Ooh I don't know - I think vintage inspired weddings will still be popular, and I think that you are right in that people are beginning to think more about the environment when planning their wedding, which is why I like florists like Planet Flowers that use seasonal and locally sourced flowers and foliage. I think with the recession we'll see more and more people looking for bargains, ways to cut costs, save money and involving their friends and family in a true DIY wedding. That is why I try and post about suppliers that don't cost the earth and DIY ideas that brides can use to make things themselves. I know lots of people getting married next year and they are all looking to see where their friends and family can help out and save them money.


6. Are there any tips you would give a bride wanting to make her wedding day unique? (eg: where to get inspiration from in terms of website, magazines, hobbies; who to turn to for advice etc)

Well check out my site :-) and also just search the internet for other wedding blogs and sites (including the ones that we have mentioned above). The beauty of the internet is that you can search for exactly what you want, its all free, and there is lots and lots of information out there that is up to date and relevant. Magazines can be good but I prefer the internet as there is no cost and you can choose what you read, rather than a magazine where they choose the content which might be completely irrelevant to your needs. Getting adviceand ideas from married friends(and friends of friends) is always good too.


Thank you, Emmie! We'll keep following your posts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment